IPL Performance over the years
2008 - 7th
2009 - Runner Up
2010 - Playoffs
2011 - Runner Up
2012 - 5th
2013 - 5th
2014 - 7th
2015 - Playoffs
2016 - Runner Up
2017 - 8th
2018 - 6th
2019 - 8th
2020 - Playoffs
Winning Percentage - 47.13%
Winning Percentage against all teams over the years
CSK - 36%
DC - 56.25%
KKR - 46.15%
MI - 35.18%
PBKS - 46.15%
RR - 50%
SRH - 44.11%
Squad - Virat Kohli (c), Devdutt Padikkal, Finn Allen, AB de Villiers (wk), Pavan Deshpande, Washington Sundar, Daniel Sams, Yuzvendra Chahal, Adam Zampa, Shahbaz Ahmed, Mohammed Siraj, Navdeep Saini, Kane Richardson, Harshal Patel, Glenn Maxwell, Sachin Baby, Rajat Patidar, Mohammed Azharuddeen (wk), Kyle Jamieson, Daniel Christian, Suyash Prabhudessai, Kona Srikar Bharat (wk)
No. of Matches on each venue in IPL 2021
M.A.Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai - 3 (Win% - 20%)
Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai - 2 (Win% - 30%)
Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad - 4 (Win% - N.A)
Eden Gardens, Kolkata - 5 (Win% - 40%)
Players to Watch Out For
1. Finn Allen - After an excellent Super Smash 2021 season for him, he got a call-up to replace Josh Phillippe for the Challengers, and also from the Kiwi squad to make his International debut against Bangladesh. His aggressive approach was carried forward by him into the International arena as well, where he ended up scoring 71(29) in the 10 over contest of the final T20I match against Bangladesh right before the IPL season. He could give the team the perfect start at the top which can be capitalized really well by Virat, ABD and Maxi down the order. But, having only 4 overseas spots in the starting XI, he might have to wait for his chance. But, do watch out for him when he features.
2. Mohammad Azharudeen - Scored at a strike rate of 194.55 in the Syed Mushtaq Ali'2021 season. He is their Indian wicket keeper option and since Padikkal was tested covid positive recently, so until he recovers fully and is match fit, Azharudeen would be an ideal choice to open the innings with. He also has an aggressive approach and batting alongside Virat at that opening spot would be really exciting for him and he could make a mark out here as well.
3. Virat Kohli - The skipper of the side, and ICC Ranked No.5 Batsman in the T20 format. He has led the team from the front and has scored more than 400 runs in each of the last 5 seasons. He is the only player to have featured for one franchise throughout his career, and would be looking forward on performing really well as an opener to be sure of his batting position for the T20I World Cup 2021.
4. AB De Villiers - Mr.360 is undoubtedly a player to watch out for. He has been their best batsman throughout and his combination with Virat is unstoppable. He can single-handedly take away games from the oppositions and get his team back into reckoning even after an early top order collapse. He was also their keeper last season and would be likely to keep wickets this season as well. He is looking at a possibility of coming back into the International lineup for the World Cup and would love to perform well on these Indian wickets to base that decision on.
5. Kyle Jamieson - A 15Cr purchase for one of the tallest people in the current squad. He has proved to be a really good batsman down the order and also a finisher which RCB were exactly looking for. But, his main role is his seam attack which in the T20 format hasn't looked so impressive, but has done really well in the other two formats and would look to make his purchase worth his price in his maiden IPL season. He usually doesn't start a season off well, but as the tournament goes ahead, he could be a player to watch out for and a bowler who could create havoc if used well.
6. Glenn Maxwell - A 14.25Cr purchase. Once again he's one of the most expensive buys in the auction. He hasn't had a good IPL ever since the 2014 edition and even in the last season for Punjab, he didn't score a single six in the entire season nor got a single 30+ score with the bat. However, since the 2020 IPL edition, he has done well in the Big Bash as well as for the Aussies in the International fixtures. He would be playing with RCB for the first time and would look to make the full of his opportunity to bat alongside VK and ABD.
7. Devdutt Padikkal - Recently tested covid positive, and would take a couple games to be fully match fit. But, he started the 2020 edition with 3 consecutive 50s to his name and also had a great domestic season with Karnataka in both Syed Mushtaq Ali as well as the Vijay Hazare Trophy. He would look to get his form and confidence ahead and make way into the India-A squad by having a good season yet again. He was the highest scorer for the franchise in the last season, even ahead of VK and ABD, and was the 8th highest run scorer overall in the previous IPL season.
8. Yuzvendra Chahal - He has been really expensive with the ball in recent times and there are more spinners trying to make way into the Indian team. Chahal has been RCB's key bowler every season and yet again he's the only Indian legbreak bowler that the team has, and he'd have to make a comeback and ensure his position in the Indian squad for the T20I World Cup 2021. He has been a wicket taking bowler every season and could again do well out here.
Top Run Scorer
Virat Kohli/AB De Villiers
Top Wicket Taker
Yuzvendra Chahal/Mohammad Siraj